17 September 2008

Where They Wander

A Park by the City Center---I got some sort of salty deep fried fish from a stand close by...no idea what it was i just pointed to something that looked like fish.




In the Park







A church I came across...H. Maria Geboorte, it's an Episcopal Church.




p.s. title song by the horrorpops

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are fantastic. I love the old architecture.

Anonymous said...

Great Pics Paige! Do you see deer in the country side when your riding your bike? How was the salty fish? Did you go back for more?

Anonymous said...

Love the deer in the park. Beautiful pictures. The church is so pretty. mom

Paige said...

Thanks! No, actually the deer were in the park, behind a fence with some peacocks, goats, and a few other random animals. I'm not sure why they're there...there's a kids playground right next to it. Kind of fun i think. Benches to sit on scattered around the park. I know papa likes to look these things up, its a big park close by the Nijmegen main trein station.
The fish wasn't too bad...it was different that anything I've tried. No I didn't go back, it was a pretty big chunk...the Dutch really like fried foods. There are these stands and vending machine type things everywhere. But at this one, the man had different fish and meats and things out and breaded, and you picked what you wanted and he deep fries it. Of course you can also get the fish they're so famous for and eat it raw whole and all.
Uh, the church was gorgeous, it had glass doors, but was closed when i was there. I tried to take pictures, but the reflection was really bad. I'd love to go back and take pictures to show you the inside...beautiful!!!!