09 September 2008

Things I Hate...and Love

Hate
Riding my bike in the wind
Riding my bike in the rain
The fact I have no other choice in the above 2
How hard it is to find books in english
That DVDs i buy here dont work on my computer
That there are no drinking fountains
That you have to pay to get water in restraunts and bars
That there are no free refills anywhere
That the guy at the bakery down the street is so hostile towards americans
That I had to pay a conversion fee to order books for class from the UK
That paper is expensive...and everything else is too
That I definately don't fit in here (my transition glasses totally stand out, and of course clothes) That I don't have an awesome motorized bicycle that the old people all do
That I'm so close to where the train runs and it's loud

Love
That a lady stopped riding her bike to help me as I was trying to figure out the map today

That I'm cooking dinner with one of my roommates on tuesday night
That I discovered the dryer
That they make fresh stroopwafels at the market on saturdays....and they're so delicioso
That I bought 6 rolls that you bake for one euro today
How excited anna was about having her first fortune cookie
That I have a new poster to decorate my room
That I got a package yesterday! (thanks auntie!)
That the sun was shining all day today
That I discovered a band that is now my new favorite...Vampire Weekend (go listen to them!)
Also discovered a movie musical that is fun...De-Lovely (but not for everyone)
That you can rent movies on itunes!
That I found a new area of town I hadn't been to before today
That there's grass growing in the middle of side streets
Passionfruit sorbet from the Australian ice cream shop in the city center
That I can now recognize a lot of dutch words
That the school library is so incredibly quiet



















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree on the wind and riding bikes. Nothing is worst than heading home and going against a head wind 1 or 50 miles, been there done that. papa

Anonymous said...

I like your lists, tells allot about your time there. I don't like riding in the wind either, the rain is ok. But then again I'm not riding to classes. how far do you think you ride in a day? Pictures are nice.

Paige said...

It's only about 5ish minutes to the University and about 15-20 minutes to the city center by bike. But I ride at least 30 minutes every day (errands and different buildings), longer if i go to the city center.

Oh, I hate that we dont have hot water sometimes in the mornings.

Also, that I have to wash every leaf of lettuce to wash away little bugs.

Anonymous said...

I have several rides I do and yesterday I just made it home from my 40 minute ride as it started raining. Thought of you with the rain and wind. papa