20 September 2008

Life by the drop

I bought an excursion ticket yesterday to go to Rotterdam and Kinderdijk...it's just for one day in two weeks. But they do a guided tour in Rotterdam, and a tour in Kinderdijk, a small town very famous for all the windmills they have. I'm pretty excited about going, it'll give me a chance to see the rest of the country without spending a fortune. I think they do an excursion to different places every month, around the nederlands, but they also go to brussels and aachen, which i also want to go see those places, it will be interesting i think to see them again in a new way. Maybe i can look up the family in aachen i stayed with before...do you think nine years is too much time to just call someone up? haha, probably.
So, one of my roommates found out from another i'm from america...i guess he thought i was from poland. So now he's interested in getting to know me and offered to show me around the city next weekend, actually this weekend but i have too much stuff to do. So he's making me dinner tonight instead.
I also had dinner with another roommate, Irene, at De Reft at the University, we had a Dutch meal, pork with whole small potatoes and peas and white green beans. It was really good, i've noticed being here how much of a variety of food i eat at home, or at least i think americans incorporate a lot of other culture's foods and meals into our own.
Oh yeah, my tire went flat on my way back home 2 nights ago, luckily i was only about 3 or 4 blocks away from my place, but i have to wait till monday to get it fixed because they'll do it for free in my complex but aren't here on the weekends. One of my roommates took a look at it and he didn't think it looked like i needed to replace the wheel, just put air in it, which is a relief i don't have to buy one (hopefully he's right).
Forced to be antisocial last night (being without a usable bike), I finished the last book in the twiilight series...i think the ending was too happy...for a vampire/werewolf book anyway.
I have a ton of reading to do this weekend and have to come up with a topic for a group project I'm doing with this guy from Italy for my europe history course. At least he knows more about European history than i do!

Dag!
p.s. title song by stevie ray vaughan & double trouble

No comments: