10 December 2008

Just a Test

PHEW!
I just finished my 10 page final paper, too bad that wasn't the actual final. Luckily we could choose the subject to do the paper on, so I took more of a cultural take on Germany's history. I've been doing projects with a group for the class, and we had to pick a topic, for some reason we picked the Franco-German Relationship Post World War II...no clue who picked that one.
So we did an outline for it, a 3 page paper, later a powerpoint presentation for it. We tweeked our subject a bit for the presentation and talked about the Franco-German Remembrance of World War II.
Which brings us now up to date. Now we're on our own and have to write a 3,000 word paper, which turns out to be 9 pages, 10 with bibliography. So, I left out the Franco part and discussed German Culture Change Post World War II. Hopefully the Prof. doesn't think it's too much of a cultural focus...I discussed art, literature, memorials, and governmental bans.
By the by you should definitely watch 'The Rape of Europa' it's about how Hitler stole artwork
while he was in power so he could open 'The Fuhrer' Museum...which luckily never happened.
And, anyone know that it's illegal to own a copy of Hitler's book??? Or to say 'Heil Hitler'?? (Not that you would). Of course it's also illegal to deny the Holocaust, to have anything with a swastika (except for scholarly or religious ((Hindu)) purposes), or any Nazi memorabilia--in Germany.
The Netherlands rejected all those bans, like Britain, Italy, and a few other countries.
Anyway, interesting.
So, now I'm going to begin studying for my Dutch History, Politics, and Culture final. yuck. I don't think it will be too big, there's only 4 questions on the final. But, a lot that's being condensed.
So...

Doei! Wish me Luck! Sucess!

p.s. title song by the Beastie Boys
p.p.s. that blog's for you dad

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, and we thought you were just traveling and going to parties. You are getting so smart! Mom

Paige said...

Geesh, I do have to keep my grades up for my scholarship. And, for the most part I enjoy my courses. I'm trying to do the best of both worlds, or at least half way decent in both.

Anonymous said...

Great going,Party,good grades, smart and travel, not sure I could have ever done all that. I have seen that movie,and yes I did know that. papa