Hey Friends,
Quite unexpectedly i feel really great right now. Unexpectedly because I'm super stressed with everything that's been going on lately, but I guess that's what makes it so great!
I booked a ticket to go to Berlin, Germany with my friend Kata on January 10th-13th. Flights were only 6 euros, and of course since my country is not an EU member I can't checkin online and have to pay more for that, which is really irritating, but it beats paying 30 more euros to take the train. Our flight leaves at 6:30 am in the morning in Dusseldorf on a saturday, and there's not a shuttle on saturday that runs earlier than 7:45, so it was looking like it wasn't going to work out. But, after hours of researching all possible methods of transportation, I remembered one of my friends has a car and was able to convince her to give us a ride at a ridiculous 4:30 am in the morning for the same amount of $ it would cost us to take a shuttle.
So, this saturday I'm taking a quick day trip to Maastrict and then to Aachen, Germany. Then, I leave the 19th for Dublin, the 21st for London. And am back for 2 weeks before I leave for Berlin. I will probably have to take a month or so break from traveling to recover.
But, this lab rat business is really working, I haven't had to spend money on food or anything else for at least 4 weeks now, it's really nice!
Oh, I planned my trip in Dublin, booked my hostel. I get in on the 19th, and that day I'll do the hop on/hop off tour, probably after a quick nap (since I'll have been up since 2:00 am). I'll try and do all the possible sightseeing in Dublin that day. On the 20th, I'm taking a shuttle to the Newgrange Site and doing a tour there...I was considering doing all kinds of tours, but decided to do this one since it would be the most interesting and related to my field of study. If I'm able to catch the earliest shuttle I can be back in the city by 2 pm and theres a few Christmas markets and events going on that I'd like to go to on Saturday. Unfortunately I only have two days, because I leave at 8:30 am Sunday morning.

I booked a ticket to go to Berlin, Germany with my friend Kata on January 10th-13th. Flights were only 6 euros, and of course since my country is not an EU member I can't checkin online and have to pay more for that, which is really irritating, but it beats paying 30 more euros to take the train. Our flight leaves at 6:30 am in the morning in Dusseldorf on a saturday, and there's not a shuttle on saturday that runs earlier than 7:45, so it was looking like it wasn't going to work out. But, after hours of researching all possible methods of transportation, I remembered one of my friends has a car and was able to convince her to give us a ride at a ridiculous 4:30 am in the morning for the same amount of $ it would cost us to take a shuttle.
So, this saturday I'm taking a quick day trip to Maastrict and then to Aachen, Germany. Then, I leave the 19th for Dublin, the 21st for London. And am back for 2 weeks before I leave for Berlin. I will probably have to take a month or so break from traveling to recover.
But, this lab rat business is really working, I haven't had to spend money on food or anything else for at least 4 weeks now, it's really nice!
Oh, I planned my trip in Dublin, booked my hostel. I get in on the 19th, and that day I'll do the hop on/hop off tour, probably after a quick nap (since I'll have been up since 2:00 am). I'll try and do all the possible sightseeing in Dublin that day. On the 20th, I'm taking a shuttle to the Newgrange Site and doing a tour there...I was considering doing all kinds of tours, but decided to do this one since it would be the most interesting and related to my field of study. If I'm able to catch the earliest shuttle I can be back in the city by 2 pm and theres a few Christmas markets and events going on that I'd like to go to on Saturday. Unfortunately I only have two days, because I leave at 8:30 am Sunday morning.
As always, I'll leave you with a couple of pictures I took tonight...




3 comments:
Wonderful pictures, thanks. Sounds like a tour office you are running. I am glad for you, have a great time.
By the way in London look for a RAT, just saw that London has a est. 60 to 85 million rats. Possible more than people themselve. papa
I heard that Dublin is a little scarry, so make sure you are in a good area. Tours are probably a good idea there and be careful about your possessions. Love, Mom
well, my hostel is about 2 blocks away from the center, so i should be fine. ya, i'm not going to have much time there at all, i'm sure not enough to get into any kind of trouble.
Post a Comment