01 October 2008

Remedy

My friend Anna from Hungary told me a few things i could do to help get better. She said onion tea...cut up an onion and boil in water until the water turns yellow and strain the onions out. And drink a few times a day.
And to cut up a lemon and put pour honey over it and let it sit for a little while and eat it four times a day. Just thought I'd share. I haven't tried them yet...sleeping for now.
Also, Di, I got your package today!!!!!! I got it in between classes, so as soon as i finished i came back and made popcorn! I'm so excited to have zani too!!!!!! I have some serious cleaning to do after i get better (and a proper sponge to do it with ; ) And holy crap, what, did you raid a hotel? Or did they just accidentally fall into your purse? I love milky ways. I will have to hide them from myself. The sprinkles are soo cute (and yummy)! I'm not sure about the rest, but thanks grammie and papa for the batteries and holy water! I went around and blessed my room...should do my bike too (you can never be too safe). The package totally made my day/week! I bet you guys paid a fortune, thank you soo much! I mailed a single letter today and it cost me 9 euros!!!!!!!!!!!! So...I'm not sure how good of a pen pal I'll end up being. Maybe I can write emails in response to letters. Sorry! Or, I guess post cards are not too much, you all might end up getting 10 or so post cards from me. hehe.
I had dinner with my flatmates last night. So, the girl asked if there was anything I was allergic to, or didn't eat. When i told her i didn't eat much red meat, she gave me a funny look, and said, "there's not really much red meat, is there?" No one here understands the no meat thing, this kind of thing has happened several times. I don't think she understood.....we had burritos. beef burritos. When cooking the meat, she asked if i'd had burritos before. I just smiled and said I had. Anyway, I ate it to be nice, the first time I've had beef in years. Don't know how long. It was kind of awkward because most of the time they all talked in dutch, every once in a while someone would realize and apologize and start talking in english, but when another person didn't understand the english word, they would explain in dutch and the conversation switched back and forth languages. Every once in a while I would catch U2, or Lionel Richie, haha. Or, kokkerlak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ah hahahahaha, I stopped him midsentence and proudly announced that I knew it meant cockroach! They all gave me funny looks and laughed, but that's okay. We scheduled a time to eat dinner together every wednesday night.
I'm going to go rest and maybe take a nap...

TTFN.
p.s. title song by Jason Mraz

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Onion broth?? yuck, it will also give you a headache, could it be worth it?

I'm glad you like your presents. Make some saimin with the noodles.

Enjoy the popcorn. love ya

Paige said...

I didn't even think about that. Hmmm, good point.
Thanks! Love ya too!

Anonymous said...

The onion tea is just to keep the well people away! and the lemon is probably for vitamin C. mom

Paige said...

haha, ya i bet, but it can't hurt to try. placebo and all that.