22 October 2008

Dreams

So I had this dream last night.
That mandy and i flew to kaua'i to see diana after one of our classes we had together. We just thought it would be fun. Apparently it didn't take 8 ridiculous hours to get there. But, diana's house was aloha dreams (the house we cleaned with the atrium...actually i have a picture) and diana had put vending machines in the atrium. So, there was this soda machine and a candy machine, but the candy machine was the kind they have here...its a screen with numbers and you push whatever number and the screen lists the kinds of candys and you push numbers from there.
So I only had a handful of coins (euros) and most were 2 cents and 1 cents, so i bought a soda and discovered that where the change comes out was where the coins were stored, it was like a pez machine kind of a deal, where you push down and the coins would pop up. But the coins were US money, 50 cent coins that very looked suspiciously like 25 cent coins.

I thought i'd made bank! So I went to get a candy out of the machine and couldn't find on the list the candy i wanted, I ended up getting like 4 different kinds of chocolate bars, but none was the kind i wanted...a toffee bar. And the alphabetical list on the screen seemed to go on and on and i didn't remember the name so i just kept going through the list over and over. When i started to wake up I remembered, it was a symphony toffee bar i wanted. But, i still couldn't find it on the list.
There are parts of the dream i don't remember, this family walked up and wanted to get something, but i was very rude and they finally went away, mandy seemed to be drunk or something...
Some parts of the dream i can recognize as conversations i've had, or things i've seen, or little messages like in all dreams that i should be aware of, but the overall theme seemed to be frustration. In the dream i was very frustrated and couldn't quite get to what i wanted, i kept trying and trying to figure out this machine like it was a puzzle but wasn't making any progress. I'm making progress with all the homework I have to finish before the end of next week, but am very frustrated with the readings and getting them done, I seem to only be getting it done little by little and not making time like i wanted to, which is extremely frustrating. Time is ticking away, and I'm no further along with getting everything done than I was yesterday afternoon.

Aloha Dreams
Doei!
p.s. title song by fleetwood mac

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm not sure how to comment on your dream. My house is fun with candy but frustrating too? And Mandy being drunk... hmmm.

Luckily I cleaned Aloha Dreams for the VERY last time last weekend. I hate that house... it's a frustration.

I'm excited for your trip too. I wish I could be there with you.

love ya, di

Paige said...

Okay, well those things I can explain. Your house was because i was talking with my parents about wishing i could go home for a weekend because we were talking about the european exchange students going home all the time, but time change would be an issue for me. So i was thinking that if you were to come it would be even more hard for you since its 12 hours. So, that's why i dreamt we went to your house. Mandy was in it because Sam sent me an email about Mandy being sick so i was thinking about her...and she was acting strange because i saw this show the day before with his girl on ectasy. And, the candy was because my friends and i were talking about candy they did and didn't have here and about different kinds of chocolate. But, since i think all dreams have messages i interpreted the candy as my homework and my frustration with getting it done (thus, finding the right candy in the machine). They were all just pieces that came together.
Oh sad, i actually kind of liked that house, well not exactly cleaning it, but i liked it.
i wish you could be here too!