21 October 2008

Ride

Hey Everyone,
I don't have any classes this week so I've been trying to do as much as possible before I leave on saturday. I'm getting nervous for my trip, I got a backpack that looks like it will fit about half of all that I own...which I'm not taking since I'll have to carry everything around with me while I'm there.
Somehow it was decided that I'm making my flatmates a meal tomorrow night. I was telling them about jobs I've had and talked about making fry bread for the fair. The couple of times we've had dinner together there's been 5 or 6 people, so it will be quite a bit of food to prepare.
Last night I went to a bar, Odessa, where they have live jazz music. Alex, another exchange student plays every monday night. This week there was a famous Dutch jazz pianist who played, unfortunately the ban on smoking doesn't seem to apply to this bar, so it was very hot, smokey, and crowded, but a very interesting bunch of people who have a loyal flocking to this particular bar.
I talked to Erena and Ruth both from Scotland who are also here for one year we were talking about doing orientation next spring so we can meet the other exchange students since most people are leaving in december.
Dag!
p.s. title song by the vines

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They will love your meal, I'm sure...I know I miss your cooking? Are you going to have them pay to eat...make a few bucks or help pay for the food? I know I sound cheap. I'm nervous for your trip as well..But you have been throught so much that I have a grat deal of confidence in you....remember be safe and smart.

Paige said...

Thank you anonymous. Well, if they offer to help out with the ridiculous amount of money that i spent, then i wouldn't be against it...but the last meal i had our flatmate didn't ask to pay, so we didn't...so i figure with all the free meals ill get, it'll sort of balance itself out. thank you for your confidence, and i definately will try to be safe and smart.