Hey Iedereen,
Today Keisha and I went on an adventure to 's-Hertogenbosch (Den Bosch) to pick up our residence permits and take a look around. I really enjoyed the shops around the city, they were unique and interesting. I had read that there were castles around, but we weren't able to find them with the tiny map we got from a shop. We did find St. Janskathedral and a few other fun places...
Uh. i discovered almond rounds...they're delicious.
I'm off to Milan tomorrow, I'm packing up now, got a jar of peanut butter, sprinkles, some toast, apples, and penny wafers, hopefully they'll let me take all of it on the plane (they should).
So, if anyone wants anything from Italy, please, give me a call and let me know, and I'll be sure to charge my parentals card for it ; ). I listed my number somewhere earlier on my blog, and of course my parents also have it. I won't have my computer for the next four days...but I'll let you all know how the traveling goes. I leave early in the morning tomorrow and get back tuesday afternoon from Milan...
But, I need to finish packaging, so here's the link for the pictures of Den Bosch...
http://picasaweb.google.com/paige.schultz3379
Oh, a side comment, my dutch class was cancelled last week, but this week we learned how to ask what time is it? Hoe laat is het?, literally, how late is it? And how to tell someone what time it is. The Dutch tell time a little different they don't say it's 11:25pm, but translated would say it's five minutes before 30 minutes after 11. Yeah. So...the first part is the most important to pay attention to, because even in english, mostly you can guess the hour, but it's the minutes you're looking to find out and in dutch it's the first thing they tell you. Interesting stuff. So...next time we're going to learn about Sinter Claus (not Santa Claus) & the, i think, slightly racism overtones, black Peter is his helper (not that he's black and his name is Peter, he's called Black Peter...white guys put black makeup on to dress up as him...like with Santa's helpers). He comes on December 5th and is the major holiday, not Christmas. Until recently. But anyway, i'll save that for another blog in 2 weeks. We also practiced numbers, but vanessa and i already knew those since we were at the same drinking game...our mentors suggested we use dutch numbers...made the game slightly more difficult.
Hey, by the way, Rachael Yamagata (link to npr) made a new album, Elephant...Teeth Sinking Into Heart. It sounds fabulous, she's one of my favorite artists. You should check it out...
Love you all & Talk to you soon!
p.s. title song by Alison Krauss & Gillian Welch
Today Keisha and I went on an adventure to 's-Hertogenbosch (Den Bosch) to pick up our residence permits and take a look around. I really enjoyed the shops around the city, they were unique and interesting. I had read that there were castles around, but we weren't able to find them with the tiny map we got from a shop. We did find St. Janskathedral and a few other fun places...
Uh. i discovered almond rounds...they're delicious.
I'm off to Milan tomorrow, I'm packing up now, got a jar of peanut butter, sprinkles, some toast, apples, and penny wafers, hopefully they'll let me take all of it on the plane (they should).
So, if anyone wants anything from Italy, please, give me a call and let me know, and I'll be sure to charge my parentals card for it ; ). I listed my number somewhere earlier on my blog, and of course my parents also have it. I won't have my computer for the next four days...but I'll let you all know how the traveling goes. I leave early in the morning tomorrow and get back tuesday afternoon from Milan...
But, I need to finish packaging, so here's the link for the pictures of Den Bosch...
http://picasaweb.google.com/paige.schultz3379
Oh, a side comment, my dutch class was cancelled last week, but this week we learned how to ask what time is it? Hoe laat is het?, literally, how late is it? And how to tell someone what time it is. The Dutch tell time a little different they don't say it's 11:25pm, but translated would say it's five minutes before 30 minutes after 11. Yeah. So...the first part is the most important to pay attention to, because even in english, mostly you can guess the hour, but it's the minutes you're looking to find out and in dutch it's the first thing they tell you. Interesting stuff. So...next time we're going to learn about Sinter Claus (not Santa Claus) & the, i think, slightly racism overtones, black Peter is his helper (not that he's black and his name is Peter, he's called Black Peter...white guys put black makeup on to dress up as him...like with Santa's helpers). He comes on December 5th and is the major holiday, not Christmas. Until recently. But anyway, i'll save that for another blog in 2 weeks. We also practiced numbers, but vanessa and i already knew those since we were at the same drinking game...our mentors suggested we use dutch numbers...made the game slightly more difficult.
Hey, by the way, Rachael Yamagata (link to npr) made a new album, Elephant...Teeth Sinking Into Heart. It sounds fabulous, she's one of my favorite artists. You should check it out...
Love you all & Talk to you soon!
p.s. title song by Alison Krauss & Gillian Welch




4 comments:
NO NO NO it's a Dixie Chicks song
Well my dear, I believe you also like this song it's the one from O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Also, the dixie chicks song you're thinking of is 'Sin Wagon' ("I'll fly away...on, a, sin wagon") Coming back to ya now?
Whereas 'I'll Fly Away' is the actual title of this song.
Also, waaay different meanings.
Love ya! ; )
whatever lady, same diff
hahaha
Post a Comment