Wow...today is a beautiful day, and actually almost every day so far this week has been. If only the wind weren't blowing it would be perfect! The sun is shining, birds are chirping, flowers are creeping out, and trees are beginning to blossom. This is my favorite in between seasons time.
After a while of biking in the wind, rain, snow, and hail, going as fast as you can to get from one place to the next so you suffer as little as possible...I took time to look around today, to bike slow (despite having two very large bags filled with groceries to the point where i couldn't close my saddle bags) and really took time to appreciate this beautiful city I'm in. And it is very beautiful.
It always seems to happen that I get lost when grocery shopping. And, well, this time it wasn't so much as get lost as it was trying to find a shortcut...and ended up starring at a brick wall. That's one thing the U.S. is so great about is putting up signs telling you it's a dead end. There may be 5 in a row, but at least it's a heads up. But of course my getting lost, or in this case biking down dead end streets always gets me somewhere beautiful and out of the way that I wouldn't have seen otherwise. I think ditching a map and just wandering around is the best way to see any place. While I didn't take time to stop and take any pictures to show you all this lovely place...another international has a blog and has this picture, that I really enjoyed, so I'll share it with the rest of you too!
Now that I'm refreshed and happy again, I have work to do.
And for a laugh...(I do NOT own the rights, just for fun)
It always seems to happen that I get lost when grocery shopping. And, well, this time it wasn't so much as get lost as it was trying to find a shortcut...and ended up starring at a brick wall. That's one thing the U.S. is so great about is putting up signs telling you it's a dead end. There may be 5 in a row, but at least it's a heads up. But of course my getting lost, or in this case biking down dead end streets always gets me somewhere beautiful and out of the way that I wouldn't have seen otherwise. I think ditching a map and just wandering around is the best way to see any place. While I didn't take time to stop and take any pictures to show you all this lovely place...another international has a blog and has this picture, that I really enjoyed, so I'll share it with the rest of you too!
Now that I'm refreshed and happy again, I have work to do.
And for a laugh...(I do NOT own the rights, just for fun)Doei!
p.s. title song by The Clash




No comments:
Post a Comment