14 February 2009

Love Like Winter

Happy Valentines Day!
So, I went to the market today, it was super crowded, probably because it was valentines day, of course it's always pretty crowded, so who knows. Of course the flower shops and stands were all really busy, and there were some people filling heart-shaped balloons with helium (a picture of that below).
I also got some groceries in the center today, found some super glue to fix my poor teapot lid I broke...while drunk. I have a habit of breaking things when I'm not sober, like the 2 cute glasses I bought, actually bought 3 but broke 2, and my ceramic saimin spoon. There sounds like there could be a lesson here somewhere?
But anyway, not long ago I bought some soup that was on sale, and I just glanced at it, and thought the picture was of mushrooms so I bought it. The stupid part is, I know what mushroom is in Dutch (champignon) and could've checked, but just grabbed it...anyway, I brought it home and translated it, it's oxtail soup. Yuck. So, from now on, I'm very careful what I buy and make sure to read it before I buy it.
Also bought a really cute scarf (picture below), they finally got new ones! Or maybe it's just because I've been going to the market on monday afternoon, and this time I went saturday mid-day. I finally got some gebaken bananen met suiker poeder (fried bananas with powdered sugar), I've been wanting to try them every time I go to market, but I haven't had the change, or whatever, but this time I did. Soo worth it.
I typed in 'love' to come up with a name for this post (for Valentines Day) in my itunes, filtered to only look at songs and it came up with 387 items. Wow. So, I picked one of the top 5 I saw, and it seems to fit. Especially since I hear Utah has snow right now, and I'm sure that's where most of the people who're reading this are.
Anyway, here's some pictures of my day so far!

Anyone need any paraphanelia?
Bike Locks Galore
Celebrating Valentines Day, balloons for everyone!
Oooo, these are dangerous--not sure what they are, Roomboter (butter) somethings (from a bakery). Very creamy, just melt in your mouth, but named butter somethings, you know they can't be good for you, & I feel very guilty afterwards : /My new scarf!
A wall hanging I got for 1 euro...made in Maastricht

Doei!
p.s. title song by A.F.I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey i did a puzzle that that is your wall art. well, it was in the puzzle anyway. Your pastries looked yummy. love ya, di