Just a quick update...I have a break starting this friday lasting till March 1st, it's technically spring break for us, but really it's two weekends and a week of carnaval. Huge parties, and festivities that lead up to Ash Wednesday, where on that wednesday the Dutch eat bread and herrings (fish). I've found out that one of the best and biggest carnavals is in Maastrict, and it kicks off on Saturday. So, I'm planning on heading down there (furthest down south in the netherlands you can get). Maybe go to Den Bosch (they have a pretty big carnaval too) on Monday. It's pretty much isolated to the southern part of the Netherlands since that's the Catholic part of the country.
My tulips are coming along nicely. You can't tell, but the third one is starting to bloom.




2 comments:
Enjoyed all your coments on the last few day, so will only coment here. I did send you a Valentine e-card, hope you got it. It is all very interesting and sounds llke a lot of fun. papa
they look yummy ; )
Post a Comment