Sam and Jace getting the full Dutch experience...stroopwafels and licorice sticks!
Freezing waiting in line to get inside the Reichstag Parliament Building in Berlin
Figuring out how to get to Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin
Fries with Mayo!
At the M.C. Escher Museum...ya, i'm not the best actor

On the way to Nijmegen from the airport in Dusseldorf
At the Berlin Wall
At the Holocaust Memorial in Berlin
At my University eating lunch...in the SUN!
On the way to Nijmegen
Dag!p.s. title song by Audioslave




4 comments:
Hi Paige, grammie and I really enjoyed our skype call last night and thanks for information on the face pictures on the fence. Great looking group and you are looking great. That room reminds me, when we were in Oregon last Aug/sept. They claimed to have Magnetic field in their area. Made things look taller and shorter, etc. Tom, of course had an excellent explanation for it. Oh well, all very interesting, thanks for all you write. papa & Grammie
Ya, that was a lot of fun. And actually this one of course you can tell one side is bigger than the other because the museum set up a guy to take people's picture for a fee in the room. And, the camera he has balances it out (not sure how) so the room looks like a regular room, but lucky for us the camera was broken, and we could take our own pictures. Too bad we all couldn't be in it, but this way at least we didn't have to pay!
Hi: You may not see this since I have gone back to March to write it. But I found your pictures from Gouda so interesting that I checked it out on the WEB. It says the cheese is actually made outside of Gouda, I see where the place is named for the Van Der Goude family that built a Fortified Castle on the Gouwe River. Been a city since 1272,wow. 20% died from plague from 1574-1673. I know you probably know all this, but just some I found interesting. papa
That's funny it's outside of Gouda!
Wow, 20% is a crazy high number.
Along those same lines, I find the potato famine here very interesting.
People actually attempted to survive by eating tulip bulbs, and anything else they could find. It's partly to do with the famous painting, 'the potato eaters' by Van Gough (dutch painter).
Thanks for the information! Very interesting stuff!
Post a Comment