02 January 2009

The New Year

Happy New Year Everyone!
I don't think I mentioned Christmas Crackers, I think you can see pictures of them on my picasa with the dinner picture. Anyway, 2 people, each one hold a side and pull, it pops, and then whoever gets the bigger side wins the prize. Each one has a paper crown, a joke, and a little prize inside. The first one I got the prize wound up in the cat water dish : ( luckily it was a sewing kit in a little plastic box, and showed no signs of water damage. The second one I got was a plastic comb that collapses.
Here in Nijmegen, I've already registered for courses for next semester, but only know when two of them are scheduled. It's getting very frustrating that the departments aren't posting the schedules yet. It's now less than a month before classes start, and it would be nice if I could make sure that none of my courses conflict, besides I have to get the classes approved by the U's international office, and my advisors back home and fax them all the forms. Yuck. I'm not looking forward to going through all that again, but I guess at least now I know what I need to do and where to do it. Plus since everyone's on break still I can't get professors signatures on the papers for this semester authorizing that I completed the course.
Other than that, everything here has been good, really boring actually, but good. I've accumulated more souvenirs and things, enough for 2 boxes, and I still have a couple of things to go...they'll have to wait till after Berlin when I'm sure I'll have more. Speaking of, does anyone want anything in Berlin?? This will be another early trip. : ( I'm so happy that I'm of the those people who can sleep anywhere, otherwise I'm sure I'd just end up falling asleep in the hostel and missing a day.
Oh! Also good news! I was really bummed that I didn't get a stamp in my passport in Italy, Belgium, or Germany when I went. But! I did get one in Ireland (a green one too!), and then got one in Dusseldorf coming back (and got one from Amsterdam coming in).
Oh my gosh, I'm watching Friends and it's the one with Phoebe's Ness-le Tull-hau-se cookies. haha. Fast forward to 1:12 below.

So, this video is from the night of New Years, from what I could see outside my window. And also of the most snow I've seen in Nijmegen all month.





Tot Ziens
p.s. title song by Death Cab for Cutie

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hahahah! I'm so glad you posted this friends video Paige! Last week I was craving cookies but I don't really have any good recipes. Then this episode popped into my head so I pulled out the choco chips and made those cookies!! LOVE IT! Anywho- sounds like your really enjoying life over there! I'm going to South Carolina!! woo hoo! I {heart} traveling! keep your posts coming! Love ya!